Through a generous donation from the Galena Foundation, a permanent fund was endowed to provide short-term emergency assistance for CSU students associated with the Fostering Success Program. The Galena Emergency Fund is in place for emergency situations that arise for independent students to cover personal costs, such as rent, utilities, on campus housing, transportation, clothing, or hygiene expenses. The amount of award will be based on the needs of individual student requests and available funds. Funding cannot be applied towards academic expenses such as tuition, books, etc.
- Student agrees to spend emergency funds only on the item(s) requested in this application.
- Student must abide by the CSU Student Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by these policies can result in the cancellation of financial assistance.
- Student awarded emergency funds are required to attend a financial literacy session and meet in person with Andrea Fortney who will work with the student to complete a financial literacy/financial plan within a semester of receiving this award
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee. Additionally, FSP will consult with the Office of Financial Aid on requests to identify additional financial resources.
- Student will be notified regarding the award decision. If approved for the Galena Emergency Fund, processing may take up to 5-10 days prior to the student receiving emergency funds.
- Students can apply for multiple Galena requests; however, requests are limited to a max of $2500 during their time at CSU.
Fostering Success Program Contact:
Andrea Fortney, FSP Coordinator
Collaborative for Student Achievement
Stadium East, 1415 Meridian Ave